Terms & Conditions
Please read this agreement carefully. It sets out the terms under which Erudition Digital Limited (on behalf of the publisher) offers you use of its web applications (the “Service”). By accessing the Service and / or redeeming an eBook voucher, downloading eBooks or registering an account with the Service, you agree to be bound by the terms and conditions set out below. Please leave the Service If you do not wish to be bound by them.
This agreement is made between you and Erudition Digital Limited (registered in England and Wales, number 8008045) whose registered office is 86 – 90 Paul Street, London, EC2A 4NE.
Use of the Service
- eBooks downloaded from the Service are for your personal use only.
- You may download and access your eBooks from a maximum of five personal devices you own e.g. two laptops, one tablet, one PC and one mobile phone.
- Making additional copies of eBook files or sharing eBook files downloaded from the Service with other persons is considered a breach of copyright against which legal action may be taken.
- You may not copy, modify or remove any copyright or other notices contained within any eBooks downloaded from the Service.
- eBooks are supplied in the formats provided by their publisher and may require the download of software for viewing depending on the device(s) you are using (a recommended list of third-party applications is included within the download instructions).
Content and Intellectual Property
- The copyright of all eBooks listed and downloaded via the Service is owned by our licensors e.g. authors and publishers. The Service and eBooks downloaded from it are protected by the copyright and other intellectual property laws of the United Kingdom, the United States and globally by applicable international copyright treaties.
- The Service uses a system called Custos for eBooks to protect the intellectual property of our licensors. eBooks downloaded from the Service may contain invisible watermarks for the purposes of monitoring unauthorised sharing and distribution. These watermarks do not contain personal details and are used purely for the purposes of identifying the source transaction of the file.
- If we detect the unauthorised sharing or distribution of eBook files downloaded from the Service, we will notify the licensor who may take legal action. Therefore, it is your responsibility to ensure that eBook files download from the Service are not shared with or accessible beyond your personal device(s).
- The eBooks downloaded from the Service have been submitted by third parties, including publishers and authors. We accept no responsibility for the content contained within eBooks downloaded from the Service, including, without limitation, any error, omission or inaccuracy therein.
Availability of the Service and Security
- Due to the nature of the internet, we cannot promise full and error or virus free operation of the Service at all times.
- All of our liability and the liability of our directors or employees or agents or contractors arising for any loss arising from your use of or inability to use the Service is excluded, insofar as it is possible to do so in law.
- Any and all information or material of whatever nature added to or stored by you on the Service is added or stored entirely at your own risk. All of our and the liability of our directors or employees or agents or contractors in respect of the loss or deletion of your material or your inability for whatever reason to access your material is excluded, insofar as it is possible to do so in law.
- From time to time, your access to the Service may be suspended in order for work to be carried out relating to upgrading or maintenance or otherwise as necessary for the provision of the Service.
- We will use reasonable endeavours to ensure that the Service and any information we hold on you are kept secure. However, due to the nature of the internet, we cannot accept any liability for those who intentionally attempt to and/or gain unauthorised access to the same by means such as, without limitation, computer hacking.
Registration and Data Protection
- Where you are asked to complete a registration form, the personal details that you provide must be true, accurate and complete.
- You may only use your own email address for the purposes of redeeming vouchers or registering accounts.
- You will keep your password(s) relevant to the Service confidential and not reveal them to anyone else. You are responsible for all activities that are carried out under your username and password(s).
- You agree to notify us immediately by email at email@example.com of any unauthorised use of your account of which you become aware and to change your username and/or password(s) to ensure your account is secure.
- It is your responsibility to notify us of any changes to your contact details through the Service or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- You can cancel your registration at any time through the Service using the “Cancel my account” option or by contacting us at email@example.com.
- If you use Facebook Connect to register to use the Service, we cannot cancel that registration for you. To do so, you’ll need to edit your Facebook account settings.
- At any time without notice and in our absolute discretion, we may permanently or temporarily terminate, suspend or deny your access to the Service and / or its eBooks. At any time without notice and in our absolute discretion, we may remove or edit any content on the Service. This includes, but is not limited to, instances where a breach of copyright relating to eBooks you have downloaded using the Service has occurred.
Liability and Indemnity
- In no event shall we, nor our directors, employees, partners, agents, suppliers, or affiliates, be liable for any indirect, incidental, special, consequential or punitive damages, including without limitation, loss of profits, data, use, goodwill, or other intangible losses, resulting from (i) your access to or use of or inability to access or use the Service; (ii) any conduct or content of any third party on the Service; (iii) any content obtained from the Service; and (iv) unauthorized access, use or alteration of your transmissions or content, whether based on warranty, contract, tort (including negligence) or any other legal theory, whether or not we have been informed of the possibility of such damage, and even if a remedy set forth herein is found to have failed of its essential purpose.
- The Service is provided on an “as is” basis without any representation and we make no warranties of any kind, whether express or implied, in relation to the Service or any transaction that may be conducted on or through the Service including but not limited to, implied warranties of non-infringement, compatibility, security, accuracy, conditions of completeness, or any implied warranty arising from course of dealing or usage or trade and we do not accept any responsibility in respect of the same. Your use of all and any information and/or data included in and/or on the Service, and/or its eBooks is entirely at your own risk.
- You agree fully to indemnify, defend and hold us, and our directors or employees or agents or contractors or other representatives harmless immediately on demand, from and against all claims, liability, damages, losses, costs and expenses, including reasonable legal fees, arising out of any breach of these Terms and Conditions by you; or any other liabilities arising out of your use of the Service.
- We will not be liable or responsible for any failure to perform, or delay in performance of, any of our obligations under a contract that is caused by an event outside our control.
- This agreement is personal to you and you may only transfer your rights or your obligations under these Terms and Conditions to another person if we agree in writing.
- We may transfer our rights and obligations to another organisation, but this will not affect your rights or our obligations under these Terms and Conditions. If this happens, we will notify you in writing or by posting here or on the Service.
- Failure by either party to exercise or enforce any right conferred shall not be deemed to be a waiver of any such right nor operate so as to bar that exercise or enforcement thereof or of any other right on any later occasion.
- We have the right to vary this agreement from time to time and such changes shall become effective as soon as they are posted. Your continued use of the Service and constitutes your agreement to all such changes.
- The Terms and Conditions in force at each time you redeem or download an eBook using the Service will apply.
- These Terms and Conditions are governed by English law and any dispute or claim arising out of or in connection with it will be governed by English law. You and we both agree to that the courts of England and Wales will have exclusive jurisdiction.
- If the whole or any part of any provision of these Terms and Conditions is or becomes invalid, void or unenforceable for any reason the same shall to the extent required be severed from these Terms and Conditions and rendered ineffective so far as is possible without modifying the remaining provisions of these Terms and Conditions and shall in no way affect the validity or enforceability of any other provisions.
- These Terms and Conditions are not intended to create and shall not create any rights, entitlements, claims or benefits enforceable by any third party by virtue of the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999.
Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any further questions or suggestions regarding these Terms and Conditions.