We are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy and informing you how we use the information we gather about you.
Information we collect
We collect the following information for the purposes of delivering and improving on our service to you:
- Information you give us – The email address and voucher codes you use to redeem eBooks
- Information we collect automatically:
- Device information – What device, operating system and browser you’re using so that we can recommend best available eBook format for you
- Details of any redemptions you have made of eBooks including the voucher code, your email address
- Details of how you’ve used our service including voucher redemptions, registration, downloads and changes to account details
- Your Internet Protocol address and location information
- Other events such as error messages, system crashes and timeouts Cookies that may uniquely identify your browser and account with us
How we use the information we collect
We use the information we collect from you in the following ways:
- To provide you with quick and easy access to eBooks you have redeemed and for your computer / devices to remember you if you choose to register an account with us
- To communicate with you regarding relevant changes to our services that may affect you or to send you administrative emails relating to your account and eBooks
- To enable the publisher and / or author of eBooks that you have redeemed using our service to contact you with information, products or promotions relevant to your eBooks and use of our service
- To fulfil our obligation towards the publishers and authors of eBooks we distribute by protecting their copyright and ensuring that eBooks delivered via our service are protected against unauthorised distribution
- To carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us
- To monitor and improve the quality and performance of our service
- To provide you with information, products, promotions or services that you request from us or which we feel may interest you
Where we store your data
All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers and any payment transactions will be encrypted using SSL technology. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of our site, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
Disclosure of your information
We may disclose your personal information to third parties:
- In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets
- If we or any of our trading entities or substantially all of our assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about its customers will be one of the transferred assets
- If we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal obligation, or in order to enforce or apply our terms and conditions of use and other agreements; or to protect the rights, property, or safety of Erudition Digital Ltd, our customers, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organisations for the purposes of fraud protection, credit risk reduction and protecting content against piracy.
- You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes and can exercise this right at any time by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Publishers and authors whose eBooks you have redeemed via our service may contact you in relation to the eBooks you have received from them, subject to the acceptable use provisions in our agreements with them.
- You may opt out of receiving further communications from publishers and authors directly.
- Although we do not accept any responsibility or liability for communications you receive from third-parties in relation to your use of our service, please contact us at email@example.com to report any failures by our publishers or authors to honour your opt out requests and we will use reasonable endeavours to resolve the matter.
The Act gives you the right to access information held about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with the Act. Any access request may be subject to a fee of £10 to meet our costs in providing you with details of the information we hold about you.
You must be at least 13 years old to register with us and if you are between the ages of 13 and 16, please ensure that you have your parent’s or guardian’s consent to register and/or before you provide any personal data to our websites.